Tuesday 10 September 2013

To the number 1 lady in my life. .my role model. .

"The legacy I leave with you and your brother are not riches, house, cars or an inheritance. . But my faith in God and my love for you.".. These are mama's words to us up to date.  I admire her for teaching us, value in inner beauty as oppose to the worldly riches some promise thier children. .

My mother and I are more like best friends.
The tribute I pay to this lady today will never do justice. . But I'll try. .

During my difficulties she has stood by me. Never for once turned her back on me.. as a teenager I wasn't the nicest human being to be around.  But all she gave me was love...

one night I recall,  calling out to her in bed as I woke up and couldn't sleep as the "boogie man." scared me...!! poor mum came running to be my side in the process broke her ankle .. upto date I have not heard a complaint or a word of blame come out of her.

Another instance I was going through a very rough patch in my life,  over in Australia.  And spoke to her.  My mum can very easily pick it up.. when something is wrong, just from my voice. . Within the next few days. . She left her life behind,and was on a plane and at my door step.  I broke down she was there to be my shoulder. ..I have made many deeply regrettable decisions but she stood up for me and supported me..

At the age of 28 I am getting to know my life long,best friend, better. . I am blessed for falling sick as I am spending time with her, that is, truly priceless! !.

Each day she massages my hair with oil, massages my skin with moisturizer and looks after my precious eyes.  She showers me with nothing but love. .she prays with me, and strengthens me
.
Her giving attitude is such an example to me. When I fell sick the number of friends that supported her is a true character defining mark of her.  Hundreds of friends that carried her,  and up to date love her so dearly. .because she gives of her time,  love,  cooking,  nurturing,  caring and prayers without expecting anything in retirn..

I could never understand a mother's love because I am not one. But mama's love is definitely something God like.  It is unconditional,  unwavering and always giving. .

I bet you.. mama ...from the time I remember you and set eyes on you our bond became precious. .

After nearly 10 years being able to spend your birthday with you, again I am the blessed one. .

A relationship between a mother and daughter can be so very special. . And with today's tribute to my special mum I urge those of you reading this blog, to go on and tell them you love them ..a kind word and a gesture with no regrets..like my mum says love conquers all...

I thank both the special man she married, my father who is my hero and my mother my angel..

Our parents are extra special people who give without expecting nothing in return. . Appreciating and loving and respecting them back is the biggest reward we can give them.

I love you mama happy birthday! !I will miss you so when you go.  But am more thankful you came. And my heart overflows with happiness and gratitude for the times we've spent

No comments:

Post a Comment