Monday 9 September 2013

In my despair I yearned for friends, I was blessed a hundred fold. .

The determined 7 we called ourselves in school. .it was an inseparable bunch of closely knit friends I belonged to. .

The numerous sleep overs the late nights the midnight feasts,  cooking together and playing pranks on people these were our childhood days together. .

Your childhood is the best days of your life they say, This statement couldn't be more true for me.. my class mates and I had the best times. .

Getting punished together was a blessing in disguise to us as that meant spending more time together. .the Convent education we received and the upbringing still rings true and instilled in us great discipline. .

The human beings it has made us, however. . Is something I experienced in my darkest hour. .

When all of them found out I was diagnosed with Steven Johnson syndrome and was critical.  The support shown to my family from the very beginning was immense.

From the time my parents boarded the plane, to get to me in Australia, up to this very date and I have no doubt for ever after they will be watching out for me.. They cried with them, prayed with them and upheld us all in prayer. .throughout. .

Some made vows in churches for me some dedicated their time, efforts and research into finding causes and cures for this condition. .some travelled far to get me food I craved and some even made thier own remedies and sent it across to me..

Some school friends I hadn't heard from in ages spoke to me just where we left off from. .it was and is so beautiful. .

The beauty of a  true friendship ... lose touch but be able to pick up where you left off from without any misunderstandings...

One thing I have learnt through this experience and encourage those who follow this blog. .

It's never too late to pick up a friendship no matter how far you are. . No matter the misunderstandings,years gone by. True friends will love you and be there for you, with nothing held back.. just like old times. .  class mates ,school friends all rallied around me and fought for my recovery. .

Age was no barrier and the support given was special.

Never underestimate how much you can lift someone up.  Little acts of kindness, deeds, support, love, may go along way for someone. .it really meant the world to me...

The values we were instilled in school and my school anthem came to mind..and how true we all stuck in it..

"When through life alone we journey
When our college days are oe'er
And for us the deep clear bells call
Rings its summons nevermore
Yet we'll keep the joy the freshness
Of the happy days we've known
And the rule of old we'll honor
Glory be to God alone..."

My blog will pay tribute to another extraordinary group of people. .
And updates on SJS and more of its side effects. .Happy reading and creating awareness. And digging deep for self awareness too. Daily the lessons I learn and gather I will share...

Our blessings are new every morning. .the moment we stop to see the bad and start to see the good in each day.. we notice how our life changes. .

No comments:

Post a Comment