Tuesday 10 September 2013

Educate before you medicate. .

Steven Johnson syndrome and laterally Toxic epidermal necrolysis has many a side effects and still is a part of my life. ...

It can affect your eye sight.  The cornea and make you photophobic. Which is, extreme sensitivity to light. .. as a result driving, reading,  watching tv etc can  be a uphill battle. .

Your Skin can be affected by permanent scarring. ..and my doctor informed me that there is a great possibility of this happening. .

as well as being dark skinned I never knew I could blush or turn red. . However with this sensitive layer of skin turning red is the norm.. can't hide my blushing no more :-) being in the sun is very harmful with this condition. .and needs to be avoided at all costs. .

There are also possibilities that your nails can fall off and your hair follicles not regrow which results in a hair transplant. .
Tooth decay and affecting of Internal organs are other side effects. .it affects all the mucus membranes in your body more research will indicate the areas in detail to you. .

Life is so fragile. . Mine took a turn in a matter of a few days. .life, share, love and wake up each day with thankfulness. .

Read instructions before taking medication. .as pharmaceutical companies do not display the dangers and complications that may come with these.

We intend to write to the relevant pharmaceutical giants to inform them to, at least display that these may cause life threatening allergies and SJS. .go to www.sjsupport.org.au. prevention is better than cure they say. .

I could have also been affected with much worse than I am.as mentioned above. .But  I can see. .. my sight slowly restoring. . have hair growing back. . My hair follicles arent damaged, but one scar on my scalp. . My reminder. . My skin is restoring slowly and have faith I will be perfectly healed. . God doesn't heal half way..positive attitude goes along way to overcome an illness,  am learning

I came across a saying a few days back; if the whole world were blind how many people would we impress??... Take a moment to think about it. . It sheds a whole new light on everything. ..

I will update you.. on my progress, with pictures just so you can see how God is working miracles. . Mighty ones. .and for all of you who have been so concerned and loving. .this is to let you know am so thankful for your never ending love

As my mum so rightly says if creating awareness saves one life.  My suffering is not in vain. I second that whole heartedly. .

Keep following my blog for more remarkable changes. . People ... attitudes and lessons learnt. .

No comments:

Post a Comment