Sunday 8 September 2013

Angel's come in many forms. .

"It's a friday night Dinushka what'd you say you and I hit the town..what are two young girls like us doing here"?..she jokingly told me when I lay in bed in hospital that Friday evening. .

Thim, my nurse for a few days was an angel that helped lift me off my feet when they had difficulty remembering how to fly. .

When asked to step out of bed and start to learn to walk again Thim was by my side. . She held my hand lifted me up and cheered me on to keep walking. ..she was more than a nurse on duty.

She became and is a friend,I made. ..

One day she took the time to sit down next to me and said " mate, dont let this condition make you fear,  living. .." she encouraged me to live life as it were and face challenges as they came. ..

She encouraged my courage from within and made me laugh and smile. ..

The irony of this story is I never could see her face. ..I didn't have eye sight to see what she looked like.  But am told she is beautiful,  and had no doubt. .

But through this journey of learning to live in my own skin and understand another person's battle I am learning now, to see people and see thier inner beauty. ..straight away as a first impression rather than any outward appearances. .

Thim and I got on so very well without me being able to seeing her. And she seeing me at my worst. ..

That saying the best things in life are not seen or heard but felt from the heart. ..I can vouch its true. .

Stories about amazing individuals that helped and continue to help me through this journey are to follow. ..
They've all taught me a lesson or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment