Saturday 7 September 2013

I only now, fully understand your love for me,

Nangi, ( which means little sister in sinhalese) aiya is here. .I heard those words and very faintly an image of my brother holding my hand ..apparently tears rolling down his face.  If I had seen my own flesh and blood dying and if doctor's had said there is not much hope, I, personally would be broken into pieces. But,  my strong brother came to bring solace and comfort to my mum and dad.  That, he certainly did. .

My brother and I are three years apart, him the older.  Sometimes, I wonder with how light heartedly he takes life and he's happy go lucky attitude you'd think he's a teenager... but he has made us all so proud with how he's lead his life. . And what that he's achieve. .he's same light hearted attitude he brought to me throughout my childhood and now to our adult years. .
He used to play in his cardboard box plane where he was always in control and I was ordered around...we used to often fight watch  wrestling shows after which he used to attempt WWF moves on me! ! In our teenage years we grew closer and I left to come to Australia when I was only 17. My fiercely protective brother near or far never failed to stand up for me, listen to me, be there for me, fight for me and of course fight with me it was all in good spirit.

These memories came rushing back to me when I saw my brother and sister in law's faces. . How safe I felt.

One day all I said was that my nails had grown and needed to be cut.  Seeing them both sit by my bed side cut and manicure my nails,  massage my helpless hands and feet,  gave me so much happiness. .

He sat near me and fed me my meals . Ironic, because as kids, growing up, if I saved some food for a later time it would have been snapped up by him before I could say, where is it?

This love and concern shown definitely saw me to a quick recovery. .

Yes family often come to your side when you need them the most no matter how or the circumstance... your loyalty prevails. However it  doesn't mean for one minute or instance that we should expect it or not appreciate it..Each and every time...

Each and every day I saw thier smiling faces it made my body fight harder my strength renewed and my faith in family bonds stronger. .

Getting to Australia from Abu Dhabi, without a visa proved a challenge when it was an emergency.  But with God's grace the immigration officer approved this special circumstance with a letter from the hospital and the visa officer had given him the good news saying "Dinesh you can go and see your sister"...

It's amazing how the strength of others became my own.. this instance of my very own family member that poured out his best to see me up again. .

My blog will continue to pay appreciation to the amazing deeds people have done strangers,  friends and friends I hadn't heard from or seen in years who helped pick me up. .

Thank you my brother for " I am strong when I am on your shoulders"... just like old times when we'd fight,  wrestle...only this time you gave me inner strength and the courage to face the next day also you taught me a lesson in being light hearted and taking each day with a smile. . And like that saying never take life too seriously,  no one gets out alive any way. . :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment