Sunday 15 September 2013

A thankful heart and a mind full of gratitude... results in a life filled with contentment,,

Gratefulness. . Is something we all fail to acknowledge. .we fail to see how powerful an emotion it is to feel.

With this condition,  I am learning the true meaning of gratefulness. .
Grateful for my life,I have new found faith in the ability to see good in myself and others.
Admittedly, I used to never understand what self worth meant until this impacted my life. ..
When I first came back home, from hospital and started going out to the grocery store or walking the streets I would hang my head down. Out of fear and shame; for having no hair, a scarred face and body, and the fear of getting " stared or laughed at"..


I am slowly learning to look at it through a new lense. .gratefulness for the breath I have each moment,  my ability to love and feel and for the highly privileged life I lead. .and guess what, with it, am slowly learning that my chin up with acceptance of myself as I am, means my head up with gratitude.


Self worth,  am learning is about accepting who you are just as you are, and the inner peace and completeness of embracing that you are good enough,  just as you are. ..It's a great lesson in learning to live and be comfortable in my own skin..
Each day from now I am grateful for this particular moment in my life and for what I have 
been through.  For it has taught me things I would have never learnt otherwise..


My old self used to wake up each morning with a negative attitude. .With something I can't do, something that will not work and that I'd never be good enough.  All negative attitudes. Which meant dragging me myself down,  to rock bottom.
Often notice how we complain about something small: a body ache, headache,  money problems,  a gloomy day. .(all superficial problems that will not be solved by complaining) But if someone asked us how we were and we replied with a great big smile and a thank you for " the moment" there is immense power in the now.  And we focus on all the positivity around us we'd lift people up..
I was lucky enough to be surrounded and be loved and nurtured by positivity. around me when I was critically ill...hence I have learnt the value of it. .in turn I think we should give back positivity and surround ourselves with people that are grateful and Thankful for their lives. .
After just about knocking on death's door,  and waking up to the most beautiful supportive family and friends I am grateful I can see,  hear, feel, smell and talk. So many disasters could happen but if we learn to live in the moment we will never lose a second. .
I am grateful and in such gratitude to the beautiful souls that helped me through this ordeal..
My lesson through this journey is exactly that. .gratitude and a thankful heart will never feel sadness even if we do we'd never feel sorry for ourselves.
The precious time I've spent with my family is nearing the end my heart aches but am grateful and Thankful for the moments and memories we've made. And bonds we've strengthened..
I'll say it out aloud I am blessed for falling sick and being affected by this deadly condition.  For I may have lost a few weeks in my life. ... but am much richer, for now I have gained the ability to be grateful the ability to love the inner person and made some amazing connections. .
Keep following my blog for I will soon take the next step into reality and update on my experiences and an update on the recovery and healing I am experiencing. .

No comments:

Post a Comment