Monday 2 September 2013

"We're fighting for you on the outside, you need to fight from the inside"..

These were my mother's  words to me...

all I could feel was pain, all I could hear was doctors talking to other doctors with questions, all I could see was,  nothing! The only person I wanted at my bed side was my family.  When the doctor told me "I think it's best you have your family with you at this time" it still didn't occur to me that I was dying. .

I felt every little prick, incision,  tug but I lay there tired worn out and with no strength to fight..

I could not get by a five minute span without coughing up, eventually which turned into blood. .

After a few excruciating hours, Cameron by my side I heard the nurse say " Take your masks off she's not contagious"...

" Dinushka you have something called Steven Johnson syndrome"...my mind could not process this. .all I wanted was for this pain to end for these bright lights to not hurt my eyes.  For my skin to be healed. .little did I know what my body was in for.  For that matter little did most know what this would do to my body. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment