Friday 6 September 2013

HOPE hold on pain ends. ...

Recovery can be a slow process.  Just at breakfast today my mum and I were discussing some of the options they were given for my recovery.  That I would have to come into hospital regularly for dressings of my wounds.  Be given a bath in an uncomfortable method and may have to have a cornea graph etc..

Thank God!  I have no dressings, came home with no bandages, have a bath the normal way and have eye sight that is daily getting better. .My skin is also slowly but steadily healing... From having burns on my skin,  to having skin that has minor pain is a miracle. .

Just this afternoon I received a letter from The Alfred Hospital confirming the diagnosis of my condition; thier prognosis and what my body has been through. 

Boom!! reality hits again. I won't lie there are days I see myself on the hospital bed laying helpless in pain. The pain, how insecure I felt,  and it scares me.

...then I look forward and think am here today living breathing proof of people's faith,  prayers and support. .

The emotional scars are not visible to the naked eye, like the physical scars are.  They take time to heal. . But through this battlefield I am "learning to live in my own skin"..

When I was at my best I never was content with how I looked . I always fought with my self esteem and the lower end of it most often, won!.

Today am at my worst in my eyes. . And am learning to love and live, in my bruised skin, my scarred face and my growing hair.

Am counting my blessings.. thankful I have eye sight grateful my hair follicles are healthy and growing back. My skin is regenerating and my outlook on life is new.

God got rid of the old and made way for the new.

I think, sometimes, all of us feel down and not grateful for what privileged lives we lead. How blessed we are and what fortune circumstances we are born to or inherit .

"Count your blessings, name them one by one. .
Count your blessings see what God has done. .
Count your blessings,  name them one by one
And you'll be surprised at what God has done"..
This was a song my grandfather used to sing to us from a very young age. .and the words are gold...and a fond tune that plays in my mind now....

If only we stop to appreciate our five senses.  Stop to smell nature,  open our eyes only to see beauty in others,  touch the lives of those less fortunate,  hear and speak only good of others we will have something to be thankful for each day. .

My quick progress baffled medical staff but proved we serve a God that doesn't fail.

We learn something new each day the time am spending now recovering from that of what should have killed me, is making me stronger. .

For those of you known and unknown to me I thank you for praying for me.

I still hear of people that I don't know by name, friends of friends, prayer groups that have upheld in me prayer. .

Each time sadness, anger,  frustration gets the better of me, I try to think of all the beautiful hearts that upheld me in thier faith and took me to God.  I am forever indebted to you...

Follow my blog and I will blog about individuals that have impacted my life with such love beyond any measure.
And my progress so you may find hope if your tomorrow doesn't look hopeful, if your fear is greater than your strength,  if your negativity is stronger than your positivity this story is an example that  there is always,  always hope if only we believe.

I trust and know I will be completely healed follow the progress. . I hope you spread awareness about this condition. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment